• Monday, March 16, from 7:00 am - 7:00 pm, will be a day for you or your child to come to school to pick up your child’s personal and educational belongings. This will include clothing, book bags, medicine, Chromebooks in grades 6-12, and any other items they need.
• March 17-March 27, your child’s school will be in contact with you to offer enhanced educational opportunities.
• As a district, we will be preparing to resume educational programming remotely on March 30 should the state extend the school closure.
• At this time, spring break will occur as scheduled.
• All field trips for the 2019-2020 school year have been cancelled. School administrators are working to get refunds for the trip in light of it being a National emergency.
• All afterschool daycare has been suspended until further notice.
• Driver’s education has been suspended until further notice.
• Our high schools will try to have proms and graduations when the mass gathering ban has been lifted even if these events are delayed. We will communicate the details when we have them.
Starting Tuesday, March 17, 2020, we will have “Free, To-Go Meals” service for all children or young adults ages 2-18 from 11:00-1:00 at the following locations:
London Elementary School - 609 School St, Walnut Cove, NC 27052
Southeastern Stokes Middle School - 1044 N Main St, Walnut Cove, NC 27052
Palmyra Church - 5076 North Carolina Hwy 8 S, Germanton, NC 27019
Piney Grove Middle School - 3415 Piney Grove Church Rd, Lawsonville, NC 27022
Sandy Ridge Elementary School - 1070 Amostown Rd, Sandy Ridge, NC 27046
Brown Mountain Church - 2269 North Carolina Hwy 66 N, Westfield, NC 27053
Chestnut Grove Middle School - 2185 Chestnut Grove Rd, King, NC 27021
Poplar Springs Elementary School - 223 Hobe Kiser Rd, King, NC 27021
Quaker Gap Church - 2265 Flat Shoals Rd, King, NC 27021
All sites are drive-through sites only. Families are asked to stay in their cars and may pull up to the designated area. An employee will provide the number of meals needed.
Read More »