Enrollment & Reassignment
Student Enrollment software is now OPEN. Please see below for instructions.
Stokes County Schools is providing an enrollment application for new and returning students for 2020-2021 school year. Parents/Legal guardians will have the opportunity to complete the majority of enrollment forms electronically from home using a computer or cell phone. During the enrollment process, you will be asked the following question: I am requesting Full Virtual/Online instruction for my child during the 2020-2021 school year. This is a required question. You may call the school your child will attend for enrollment assistance.
Welcome to Stokes County Schools!
Please read through the information below to identify the documents required for enrollment. Complete all forms within this online packet in order to ensure a prompt enrollment for your child.
- Completed Online Enrollment Packet
- Copy of the student's Birth Certificate (required for new students)
- Up-to-Date Immunization Record (required for new students and returning, if immunizations are added)
- NC Health Assessment (required for new students entering North Carolina public schools for the first time)
- Proof of Residency (required for new students or enrolling students when a change of address occurs)
- Court Documentation (legal court papers for custody issues)
As a school system, we recognize that each child is a unique individual. The information you provide to us is important in helping us to fully understand your child's strengths and needs. Thank you for allowing us this opportunity.
If you should need any help with the registration process, please contact the school.
A PowerSchool Data Manager will be glad to assist you!
CERTIFIED BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- If a certified birth certificate is not presented within 30 calendar days of enrollment, the student shall be excluded from school until the certificate is presented.
UP-TO-DATE IMMUNIZATION RECORD
- If your child is not immunized, you will need to speak with a school nurse.
- By law, this must be received within 30 calendar days of enrollment.
- If documentation is not presented within 30 calendar days, the student shall be excluded from school until proof is presented.
NC HEALTH ASSESSMENT
- Required for new students entering North Carolina Public Schools
- Due within 30 days of enrollment start date
- Must be signed by a licensed physician
- You can find a copy of the form HERE
PROOF OF PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN'S RESIDENCE IN STOKES COUNTY
Only students who physically reside within the boundaries of Stokes County and non-resident students who have an approved student reassignment from the School Board may legally attend Stokes County Schools.
Items that may be used for Proof of Residency:
- Copy of residential deed
- Record of most recent residential mortgage statement
- Copy of residential lease
- Electric bill dated within past 30 days
- Home-School Students should provide a copy of the Home School Registration, Attendance Record, Standardized test scores, and a record of the courses taken with credit awarded.
- Custody paperwork may be required
- You will be notified via email if any documentation is required