Closings & Delays
Inclement Weather Decision Process
In case of bad weather, the district will post at 5 a.m. to Facebook and Twitter as well as notify local news media. A call will go out to students and staff by 6 a.m. When possible, a decision will be made the evening before.
When the school system administrative offices in Danbury are closed, you may check for closing and delay messages by calling (336) 593-8146. Press one (1) at the prompt for information on decisions regarding closing and/or delays.
Frequently Asked Questions on School Closings Related to Weather
Limited Bus Route Plan
Inclement Weather Make-Up Schedule
THE ABSENCE OF AN ANNOUNCEMENT MEANS THAT THE SCHOOLS WILL BE OPEN AS USUAL
In order to receive information concerning the closing of schools, you may also follow these suggestions:
- Early in the morning watch television stations WFMY 2, WGHP 8, WXII 12, or TWC News Triad (Refresh/reload links for the latest closings)
- Listen to the following radio stations: WTQR, WFDD, WXRI, WKZL, WMQX, WMAG, WKSI, WMYN, WSYD, or WHEO
Do not telephone the Weather Bureau, radio or television stations, newspaper offices, school officials or schools.
Weather Timeline & Process
3:00-3:30 Start Driving
4:00-4:15 Decision Discussion
4:30 Decision, Phone to Buses
5:00 Email to all Staff, News Outlets, Facebook and Twitter
6:00 Phone to all students & staff
- The Superintendent or designee will be the only people to dismiss, delay, or close schools.
- The Superintendent or designee will send one phone message to all stakeholders in the district.
- Schools should only send out phone messages if there is a need to send school level information (i.e. ACT being rescheduled, etc).
- Early dismissal for weather will be based on a schedule (3 hours early) instead of a set time unless conditions necessitate an immediate closure.